Mr. Ginge and I got our taxes done on Friday.
I know. Our Friday nights are hella cool.
Regardless, we decided to stay downtown and get something to eat instead of heading back home, only to have to drive back out a little while later.
Nearby the tax place is a little Chinese buffet called the OK restaurant. Despite the name they are actually pretty good; decent prices, quiet, and they have this little crab thingies that are awesome. Mr Ginge and I will fight over them. Anyways, with a name like that and my sense of humour, it was let just wide open for puns. This was how our night went:
Mr Ginge: What do you feel like for dinner? Pizza? Chinese?
Me : Ya. Chinese sounds good.
Mr Ginge: OK
Then later while we were eating.
Me: How are your crab thingies?
Mr. Ginge: OK
Then for dessert:
Me: You going up or dessert?
Mr. Ginge: OK
And then finally as we got the bill:
Waitress: And how was your meal?
Both Mr. Ginge and I : OK
Now imagine copious amounts of sniggering at every ok.
Chocolate Peanut Butter Pretzel Cookies
makes 32 cookies
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 1 cup crushed pretzels
- 2 cups peanut butter chips
- 32 whole mini pretzel twists (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 350°F/180°C. Line your baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, cream together the butter and the sugars until light and fluffy.
- Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each. Beat in the vanilla.
- In another bowl, whisk together the flour, cocoa powder, and baking soda. Gradually add it to the butter mixture, mixing so that it is combined.
- Fold in the crushed pretzels and the peanut butter chips. Scoop by the rounded tablespoon onto the prepare baking sheet. Top with a whole mini pretzel, squishing down lightly, just so that the pretzel sticks to the top and the cookie stays thick.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes in the preheated oven. Let cool on the sheet for a couple minutes, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
I have a weird sense of humour.