So here’s the deal:
- My name is Melissa. But you can call me Mel ;)
- I have red hair.
- I love to bake.
- I am Canadian.
- I live in a small town in Ontario with my fiancé, aka Mr Ginge.
- He is responsible for turning me into a foodie.
- I have a thing for cookies
- He likes classics like bread pudding or apple pie.
- I (usually) like to make everything from scratch
- Baking is in my blood. My Gran and Grandma are huge inspirations in my cooking ( and the stories I hear bout theirs!)
- I love books (my nose is always in one), especially cookbooks. Especially old cookbooks. The more dogeared, creased, and stained the better. ( my prized cookbook possession is a well loved 1915 copy of a White Rose Flour baking book)
- I have several vices including cheese (especially cheese curds!), the Food Network, chocolate, and recipes. I think our combined collection of recipes could rival our small town library’s and possibly even our local bookstore. Please send help.
- This blog is about simple comfort recipes. Recipes that I throw together, or that I have fond and clear memories of growing up. Heavy on the sugar.
- My sister would like you to know that she is the bestest sister ever (She is the one dressed as Freddie Mercury). For realz.
All photos are copyright me or carlyharlow photography (like the one above!)
All recipes are copyright me.
Salt is Kosher, flour is all-purpose, eggs are large, butter is salted, and the kitchen is a mess.