I really wish that I could say that I came up with this drink.
I can’t even take credit for finding it. Mr. Ginge did.
But the lovely waitress at Whiskey John’s Bar and Grill who did come up with the recipe was more than happy to send Mr. Ginge home with the it.
Now, I’m not one to hype up a shooter. More often than not they end up being liquid heartburn. And highly expensive for two tablespoons worth of drink. But OH MY GOD this one is good. You need to go to your liquor store and get the stuff you need now. It’s that good.
Apple Pie Shooter
makes 1 shooter, easily multiplied
- 1/2 oz sour green apple liqueur
- 1/2 oz butterscotch schnapps
- whipped cream, for garnish (optional)
- pinch of grated cinnamon
- In a shot glass, layer the sour green apple liqueur and the butterscotch schnapps
- Top with a dollop of whipped cream ( if desired) and a pinch of cinnamon.
- Send’er down the hatch.
*I was in no way compensated by the restaurant. They have no idea who I am. I just really liked their shot.
I linked this recipe to Strut Your Stuff Saturday and: