Regardless, it still means that we are a month closer to the 50th anniversary Doctor Who episode.
I have been filling the Doctor Who void by watching reruns of some of my favourite episodes from past seasons. One of the ones that I have been watching over and over has been “Partners in Crime” from season four. Not only do Donna( one of my favourite companions) and Ten reunite, but they feature the Adipose, those cute little creatures spawned from blobs of fat.
Now normally I try and recreate something directly from the show, but these guys were so cute and looked so much like marshmallows I couldn’t resist.
I also took a little liberty with the s’mores themselves, opting for chocolate cookie crumbs instead of graham crumbs to make them extra chocolatey, and blobs of nutella in the middle. I figured since they were supposed to be little blobs of fat, it warranted something extra rich. 🙂
makes 12 s’mores
- 1 1/2 cups chocolate cookie crumbs
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 12 tsp nutella
- 12 large marshmallows
- food colour markers or a toothpick dipped in food colouring
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line a mini muffin pan with 12 mini liners.
- Mix together the chocolate crumbs and the melted butter until evenly coated. Scoop about a tablespoon into each liner. Press into the bottom and up the sides to make a cup shape. Bake for 7-10 minutes.
- While the shell is still warm, scoop in a teaspoon of nutella. Let cool slightly.
- Meanwhile, using a food colour marker, draw little adipose faces onto each of the marshmallows. Top each nutella-filled shell with a marshmallow.
These just might be too cute to eat. 😀