Sometimes you just need a classic and easy treat. Like a cereal treat.
And then sometimes you need to take that classic crispy treat, and load it up with some chocolate. Then roll it all up and drizzle it with more chocolate. And then just as the chocolate starts to set you slice it up and scarf it down like the crispy-rice-chocolate vehicle that it is.
And the best part? Scarfage can happen in like half an hour.
Nutella Crispy Rice Rolls
makes about 12 rolls
- 3 cups puffed rice cereal ( Please excuse the holiday cereal. It was cheap )
- 2 cups marshmallows ( about 1/2 a package)
- 2 Tbsp butter
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 1/2 cups Nutella
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- Line a 9×13 jelly roll pan with plastic wrap and set aside.
- In a sauce pan, melt together the marshmallow and butter, stirring to melt evenly. Once melted, stir in the vanilla.
- Immediately stir in the cereal, coating it evenly with the marshmallow mixture. While it’s still warm, dump it onto the prepared pan, pressing into all the corners, until you have a thin even layer. Let this set for a couple minutes.
- When the cereal is cool, but not completely set, spread the Nutella over top, leaving a bit along a long edge plain.
- Roll cereal treats by holding the edge of the plastic wrap with your thumbs, then lift up the cereal treats and roll towards the other edge, mking sure to lift up the plastic wraps as you go. Once it was rolled, I wrapped it tightly in plastic wrap, the set it in the fridge to help firm it up.
- Meanwhile, melt the chocolate chips. You could you a double boiler or the microwave, but make sure not to burn it. Burning chocolate is not a nic smell.
7. Drizzle the melted ( and not burned) chocolate over the top of the roll. Stick it back in the fridge for a few minutes to let it firm up, then slice and enjoy.
Sooooo simple and so hard to stop eating. 🙂