I was very tempted to make pie for this month’s challenge.
It’s one of Mr. Ginge’s favourites so I know it would get gobbled up. However, I make it fairly often for him, so it just didn’t seem in the spirit of the challenge.
Smooth, creamy, and lightly spiced, they are perfect for the upcoming holidays.
Layered Honey and Sweet Potato Cheesecakes
makes 12 mini cheesecakes
- 2 cups crushed Digestive biscuits ( or graham cracker crumbs)
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 12 oz cream cheese ( 1.5 packages), softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup mashed sweet potato
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- pinch of nutmeg
- 1/4 cup honey
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line a cupcake pan with liners and set aside.
- Combine the digestive biscuits and the butter in a bowl, and mix until combined. Divide between the 12 cups and press into the bottom of the liners.
- Beat together the cream cheese and the sugar. Add the eggs one at a time, beating just into smooth.
- Divide the batter in half. In one half add the mashed sweet potato, vanilla, cinnamon and nutmeg. To the other half, stir in the honey.
- Pour the sweet potato batter even over the crust, then carefully spoon over the honey batter over top.
- Bake in a preheated oven for 20-25 minutes or until the batter is set. Let cool at room temperature for about 30 minutes, then refrigerate for 2-4 hours to chill.
- Serve on it’s own or with some whipped cream!
Keely wanted in on some cheesecake action.