Today is my 25th birthday! Yay!
In honour of this milestone ( is 25 considered a milestone?) I decided to challenge myself. Like I imagine many novice cooks and bakers, I have a sort of “bucket-list” of things that I want to make. I have chosen 25 of them, and have given myself 1 year ( or until I’m not 25) to try them. Hopefully there will be plenty of successes. Likely there will be failures. Either way, I’m going to work my way through the list throughout the year.
Some are simple, some are more challenging, a lot of them involve yeast ( Despite many successful attempts, I still fear yeast) and all of them I have been meaning to try for a while now.
In no particular order:
- Sourdough bread ( using a starter)
- Butterhorns ( aka : Cresent rolls that don’t come out of a tube)
- Irish soda bread
- Baked Alaska ( like Gran used to make)
- Pizza Dough
- Angel food cake (my nemesis)
- Fudge (the real stuff. Not the cheaters version )
- Tourtière pie
- Rye bread
- Cinnamon rolls
- New to me icing ( I’m thinking a Swiss meringue… but we’ll see😉 )
- Ice cream
- Whoopie pies
So there you have it. 25 things that I am going to attempt to make this year, mostly just to say that I have. I have no idea if I will make it through this list in a year, but I am certainly going to try.
Dear God, wish me luck.