I am pretty sure they are my favorite things to bake. And well, probably eat.
Especially if you stress-bake like I do. Aside from eating Nutella from the jar with a spoon, I think they have the highest “instant gratification” level available for a baked good. Let’s face it. Cupcakes just take too darn long when you are in need. All that cooling…psht.
You see cookies have two levels of gratification. The obvious being ooey gooey warm cookies straight from the cookie sheet. If you (inevitably) burn your mouth, jut just cool it off with a glass of (chocolate) milk. It’s absolute bliss.
The other gratifying side to cookies is eating the dough.😀.Cookie dough makes it so much more instant.
So when, the other night I told Mr Ginge that I needed to make cookies, he agreed. And when there are two people in need of cookie comfort, I stick with the classics, as long as they are loaded up with chocolate.
Peanut Butter Cookies with Dark Chocolate Chunks
makes about 18 cookies, but is easily doubled
- 1/2 c. butter, softened
- 3/4 c. brown sugar
- 3/4 c. creamy peanut butter
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 1/4 c. flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- pinch of salt
- 6 oz of dark chocolate, coarsely chopped
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- In the bowl of you mixer, or in a large bowl, cream together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add the peanut butter and mix until smooth and fully combined. Add the egg and the vanilla, beating until combined.
- In another bowl, mix together the flour, baking soda and salt. Gradually add to the creamed mixture. Fold in your chocolate chunks.
- Scoop onto a lined baking sheet, and bake for 10-12 minutes.
- If you doing mind messy chocolate and a burnt mouth, enjoy right off the pan. Otherwise, lt cool for a couple minutes on the pan, then move to a cooling rack.
P.S.: Sashi cats like camera straps.