Saturday, Mr Ginge bought me shoes.
But here’s the thing. He didn’t just buy me shoes. He outdid me at buying shoes. How does that even happen?
Here I am, minding my own business, contemplating a pair of pink ruffly pumps, when he ever so casually brings me over another box.
How bout these he says, and hands me over a pair of pink satin peep-toes, with the cutest little bows at the heel. In my size. My exact favorite colour of pink. And dammit if they didn’t look better on.
How. Does. This. Even. Happen.
I mean, he is not a man afraid to shop, and I am the first to admit that he can outshop me when it comes to may things, but SHOES???????
This is a crime against humanity.
Pink shoes. PINK shoes. PINK HIGH HEELED SHOES!!!!!
I did beat him shooting once.
Anyways, muffins. Mini ones to be exact. The chocolate kind, studded with chocolate chips and strawberries. Perfect for making for your Valentine. Or if you are sans-Valentine, for yourself. Plus they are the perfect size so you can eat 6 guilt free!!!
Chocolate Covered Strawberry Mini Muffins
makes 48 mini muffins, or 12 regular muffins
- 2 cups flour
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- pinch of salt
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 eggs beaten
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips
- 1 cup strawberries, fresh or frozen and thawed, finely chopped.
- Preheat the oven to 375°F. Grease (2) mini muffin pans, and line them if desired.
- Sift together the flour, cocoa, baking powder and salt into a large bowl. Stir in the sugar.
- In another bowl, whisk together the milk, oil and eggs. Make a well in the dry ingredient, add the wet, the mix together until just combined. The batter should still be lumpy. Stir in the chips and the berries.
- Spoon the batter into the prepared pan, about 2/3 full, and bake for 10 minutes ( 20 if you are making regular muffins), or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Let cool in the pan for a couple minutes, then remove to a cooling rack and let cool completely.