I love cookies.
They are my favorite treats to bake, and tend to get a bit crazy with them. I think for Christmas I made 15 different kinds, and quite literally lost an entire batch.
They a perfectly sized for one ( well, most of the time) and pair so perfectly with a cup of hot chocolate. 😀
What’s better on a winter’s day?
Chocolate Stuffed Peanut Butter Cookies
Makes about 18 cookies
- 1/2 c butter, softened
- 1/2 c creamy peanut butter
- 3/4 c brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 1/4 c flour
- 1/2 baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 c Reese’s pieces candies, crushed
- about 1/2 cup chocolate spread ( I used this brand, however Nutella would work just as well)
- Preheat your oven to 350°F and line your baking sheets with some parchment.
- In a large bowl, cream your butter, sugar and peanut butter together.
- Add in your egg and the vanilla and mix a bit more until smooth and combined.
- Meanwhile, in another bowl mix your flour, baking soda and salt. Slowly add it to the creamed mixture, mixing until combined.
- Crush up the Reese’s Pieces either in a food processor, or in a zip bag with a rolling pin. Stir then into the cookie dough until evenly combined.
Now you could stop here, bake them up and you would have a delicious and very dip-able cookie. Or you know, you could stuff them with chocolate.
6. Take about 1 tbsp of dough and press it flat on the parchment lined pan. Top with 1/2 – 1 tsp of chocolate spread right smack in the middle. With about another Tbsp of dough top the spread and seal the edges, then press the dough lightly with a fork ( you don’t want to squish out the chocolate)
7. Bake for 10-12 minutes, then remove and let cool for a couple minutes on the pan. Make yourself a hot chocolate or pour yourself a tall glass of milk and dunk away.