I used to work at a bulk foods store, and come Halloween, I would go crazy over the candy corn. And the mellocreme pumpkins. And the mellocreme harvest mix.
So much so that I literally made myself sick. Really sick. Like so sick, I couldn’t look at candy corn with out getting queasy.
Even now, several years later, I can only eat it in small doses.
So what do I decide to do?
Oh… only put it in some fudge.
Chocolate Candy Corn Fudge
(it made for me 1 5×7 pan however it made fairly thick fudge. If you want a thinner fudge you could use and 8×8 pan)
- 1 c chocolate chips ( I used dark chocolate)
- 1 c orange candy coating wafers (like Merckens)
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk
- 1/4 c candy corn, roughly chopped
- extra candy corn or pumpkins to garnish ( optional)
- Line your pan with parchment paper, making sure that it hangs over the sides, then grease.
- In a microwave safe bowl, combine the chocolate chips and half the can of milk ( about half a cup). Microwave in 30 second intervals, until smooth.
- Spread the mixture into the bottom of the pan, and let chill for about 10 minutes
- Meanwhile, in another microwave safe bowl, melt the candy wafers and the other half of the milk in thirty second intervals until smooth.
- Stir in the chopped candy corn, then spread over the chocolate layer.
- Top with the extra candy corn or pumpkins, about 1 for every square of fudge you will cut.
- Let chill for a couple hours.
- Remove from the pan and slice into squares, cleaning the knife after every cut ( it can get sticky)
- Keep any left overs in the fridge.
adapted from Taste of Home