So I have just come to realize that I haven’t posted anything in a week. Oops…
To be honest though, I haven’t made anything in a week.
However, since Mr. Ginge has been on a zombie movie kick all day, I was in a halloween-ey mood. And a chocolate mood. How suiting.
What’s great about this recipe is that really you can customize it any way you want, with your favorite chocolate and your favorite candies. Plus it is super quick and easy!
Halloween-ey Candy Bark:
- 1 pkg dark chocolate chips
- 1 cup orange candy moulding wafers (like Merckens)
- Candy corn
- Chocolate covered caramels
- Orange and black sprinkles
- Line a sheet pan with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a microwave safe bowl, melt the chips, 30 seconds at a time until smooth and completely melted. Alternatively you could melt them in a double boiler.
- Once melted spread evenly over the prepared sheet.
- In another microwave safe bowl ( or over another double boiler) melt the candy wafers, in 30 second intervals until smooth.
- Drizzle over the chocolate, swirling with a fork if necessary.
- Dot the top with candy corn and the chocolate covered caramels, the sprinkle with the sprinkles. 🙂
- Set in the fridge for about an hour or so, so that it can firm up.
- Once it has set, smash it into a bunch of pieces.
On another note, we took a road trip out to a winery abut 45 minutes outside of town with some friends yesterday. Along with some wine, I picked up an AWESOME apron ( I love aprons).
These are totally words I live by. (You should see my kitchen some days!)