Mmmm…. doesn’t this look tasty?
An ooey- gooey jalapeno popper grilled cheese sammy.
Isn’t this a baking blog?
Technically yes, but this was too good not to share. And I made up for it by baking my own bread. :)
I came up with this recipe when I stumbled across a similar recipe on Food Gawker. Be forwarned. Food Gawker is horribly addictive. I couldn’t tell you how many pages I have flagged, because the contents have nearly made me drool all over my desk.
We love jalapeno poppers around this house. This recipe was one I could not stop thinking about. So I made it for lunch for me and Mr. Ginge on the weekend. And then again one night for an easy supper.
It’s that good.
Jalapeno Popper Grilled Cheese Sandwich
makes 2 sandwiches
- 4 slices country bread
- 2 tbsp butter
- 2 jalapenos finely, seeded & finely chopped ( use less if you don’t want too much heat)
- 2oz cream cheese softened ( about 1/4 of a brick)
- 1/3 c. shredded cheddar cheese
- Heat up your pan or grill
- Butter up one side of each of the slices of bread.
- Chop up your jalapenos. A really easy way to chop them up is to make four slices down the sides of the pepper. You should end up with four flat slivers that are really easy to chop up and leaves all the seeds behind!
- Mix your peppers in with the cream cheese and spread on half of the slices, on the unbuttered side.
- Top with some of the cheddar.
- And your other slice of bread, buttered side up.
- Grill until nice and golden brown on each side
- Slice in half and enjoy!
Mmmm…. The best of a popper and a grilled cheese all in one!
P.S.- if you have any of the cream cheese mix left over, it makes a really good snack spread on crackers!