…then maybe you still need something simple and Easter-y for your get together. Or maybe just for a quick cake craving. I will not lie. Yesterday, I spent the morning making dessert for dinner with my family. Also probably the reason why I am posting an Easter treat the day before Easter.
For my tardiness I bring you a treat that is easy to whip up if you are short on time, or is easy to fancy up if you have a bit more; mini cupcakes! Yay!
Nearly everyone loves cupcakes, especially ones filled with chocolate chips, and making them mini amps up the cute factor, as well as speediness. These puppies bake up ( an cool!) likety-split. Top them off with your favorite icing, and you are good as gold.
Chocolate Chip Mini-Cupcakes
-makes about 48 mini cupcakes
- 1 c sugar
- 1/2 c butter
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 c all purpose flour
- 1 3/4 tsp baking powder
- pinch of salt
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 c mini chocolate chips
- Preheat your oven to 350°F. Line your mini muffin pans with liners.
- Sift together your dry ingredients and set aside.
- Cream your butter and sugar together, until nice and fluffy.
- Add your eggs in, one at a time, mixing well after each.
- Slowly mix in the flour mixture, just until combined.
- Gradually add the milk and mix until you get a smooth batter.
- Fold in your chocolate chips.
- Fill up the cups 2/3 – 3/4 full, and pop them in the oven for 7-10 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Let them cool and top them off with your favorite icing!
I had fun making these into cute little chickies and nests, however, if you don’t have the time to invest, they look aand taste just as good with a quick swirl of icing on top!