This week has been cool and windy. Capped off by a rather wet and rainy weekend. And tomorrow, it’s supposed to snow! Mother Nature’s reminder that while, yes, it is spring, winter may not be quite ready to leave.
So, my thought was, what better way to spend a rainy Saturday morning than making muffins!
Ha! Apparently muffins were not in the cards. The batter made beautifully, and tasted great, however, it may have been a bit wet and I may have overfilled my cups, because it just oozed out of the pan and (thankfully!) on to the cookie sheet underneath! Then to top off the mess, an entire jug of juice that had just been made was dumped all over the counter on floor. It was quite the mess!
On the bright side, they were very tasty and moist.
So instead, I will post another good rainy day treat, that I was planning on posting a bit later.
These are one of Mr. Ginges favorites, and one of the only cookies he will eat with nuts.
White Chocolate Macadamia Cookies
- 1/2 c. butter, softened
- 1/2 c. white sugar
- 1/2 c. brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/4c all purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 cup white chocolate, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 c macadamia nuts, coarsely chopped
- Preheat your oven to 375 F
- Sift together the flour, baking soda, and salt and set aside
- Cream together your butter and sugars until light and fluffy
- Beat in your egg and vanilla
- Slowly beat in the flour mix until just combined
- Stir in your chocolate peices and nuts
- Drop about a rounded tbsp onto your cookie sheet ( depending on how big you want your cookies)
- Bake for about ten minutes
These are especially good still kinda warm from the oven with a nice cup of hot chocolate! (espcially if you had to spend any time outside today!)